After unsuccessfully trying to make some vanilla ice cream with a mixture of cashews, dairy free milk (I used almond milk), agave nectar and vanilla extract twice (I think my ice cream maker is broken), I decided, I’m not going to waste this delicious mixture, so I put it in the Vitamix with frozen bananas and ice and this was the MOST delicious “milk”shake I ever tasted. Additionally, it can be made into an adult beverage very easily by adding a little amaretto.
My empty glass
- 2 C cashews (put in a dish, soak in water and cover for 30 min)
- 2 C non-dairy milk, oat milk suggested, I used almond milk
- 3/4 C agave nectar
- 2 T vanilla extract
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 C ice
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth; you may need to blend for 5-8 minutes to get it really creamy.
- Transfer batter to a covered bowl and refridgerate for 1-8 hours (I put mine in the fridge overnight)
- Blend the mixture again, but with banana and ice