Sometimes when I get home from work, or a crazy weekend day (like today), or I get hungry around 8 or 9 pm and I am too tired to make a meal, I make sure to keep on hand the following items for a quick meal fast.
- Frozen Brown Rice – you can purchase from Whole Foods, frozen food section
- Frozen Broccoli – organic
- Frozen Kale – Whole Foods sell in frozen food section but it is not organic
- Frozen Greens Mix – Whole Foods sells in frozen food section but it is not organic
- Frozen Blueberries – organic
- Frozen Strawberries – organic
- Frozen Bananas – organic and found in the frozen foods section at Whole Foods, they are the only grocer I know to carry this item
- Lemon Juice
- Apple Juice
- Liquid Aminos
- Nutritional Yeast – bulk section of Whole Foods
- Eden Shake
- Tahini (sesame seed butter)
- Garbanzo beans – canned
- Mile High
- Organics delivers to your door fresh organic fruits and vegetables. Re
- cently they have added canned beans, Boulder Works Soups, Quinoa, loose leaf tea, and other useful items. It saves me a trip to the store and I know if I have a crazy week (which is every week), I will always have fresh fruits and veggies on hand. The best part of Mile High Organics delivery is for $25 you can choose 8 different fruits and veggie bundles to be delivered
- to your door, there is no delivery charge. You can choose what you want or they just deliver a grouping of their selection if you don’t have time to go on line. It’s really the most fabulous service. I did a cost comparison and it is actually equal to the cost of the same items at the grocery.
- Brown rice with greens or broccoli, covered with a few sprays of liquid aminos, eden shake and nutritional yeast (I eat this a lot)
- Quick dressing of miso, lemon juice and apple juice for veggies
- Smoothies made of frozen fruits with added kale for high nutrient value, add water if too thick
If you are low on time, it’s still easy to eat healthy. Since March I have lost 7 lbs by making sure each meal I have will add nutrients to my body. I have cut out oil, many sugars, and many packaged/processed foods. I still enjoy pretzels, canned soups, and the occasional taco bell (bean burrito and tostada). I do have a little sticker on my fridge that I received from a Healthy Eating Specialist at Whole Foods, which pretty much sums up my philosophy when opening my fridge, “Think Before You Eat”.
“Think Before You Eat” and always ENJOY!!!!