Good afternoon everyone. I am in this really cool program called Foodie Pen Pals, here is how it works:
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions. This is the most awesome part because you get a spreadsheet with all the members of the Foodie Penpals which includes their blog sites and there are some AMAZING BLOGS!
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal! – I actually got my Foodie Penpal a box of ABC (Always Buy Colorado) foods including Boulder Chips, Justin’s Peanut and Almond Butter, Izzy Drinks, Celestial Seasonings Tea, Clover Honey and Chocolove Chocolate.
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination! Included a nice note in the box. The box was $11 to ship so being a member of the Foodie Penpal program is more like $26-30/month.
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!) – I did the flat rate box
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
At the top of this blog you will see what my Foodie Penpal, Heather, sent to me, it arrived yesterday. Lovely tea, some healthy fruit bars, and hot sauce from Phoenix Arizona, where she is from. I am looking forward to trying the tea, especially Coconut Chai and Gypsy Rose!
If you want to join foodie pen pal click on the link below. It’s really fun, I’m going to do it next month Too!