Hello everyone, hope you had a great weekend. I had a fabulous time with one of my favorite people yesterday and on Saturday I did an awesome spa day. Friday I managed to make Chad, my boyfriend a vegan queso dip which he nibbled on all weekend long while I was out and about. He loved it so much that I thought I would share the recipe with all of you. Check out “A Pinch of Yum” blog for more like recipes, I adapted this from that website.
- 1 C Shredded Vegan Cheddar Cheese (I use Daiya)
- 1 3/4 C Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 3 TBS Flour (I used Bob’s Gluten-Free)
- 2 TBS Butter (I used vegan butter)
- 14 oz black beans
- 1 TBS Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 t cayenne
- 1 1/2 C salsa
- In a large skillet add taco seasoning, cayenne, black beans, and salsa, cook on medium heat.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Add the flour and stir to form a paste. Slowly stream the milk in a little bit at a time and whisk into the flour/butter mixture.Stir in the cheese. Add the cheese sauce to the chili in the skillet from step one. Mix until well combined.
- Keep it on the stove so it stays warm.
I served with blue corn chips, delicious.